Answered By: NCCU Law Reference Last Updated: Sep 22, 2014 Views: 50
Answered By: NCCU Law Reference
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2014 Views: 50
- Navigate to https://webvpn.nccu.edu using your Internet Explorer web browser (available only to off-campus users). Upon arrival to this website the Cisco Secure Desktop application window will pop up.
- You will now be prompted to allow Cisco Secure Desktop to make changes to your computer. Click "Yes".
If you receive a warning regarding this website’s security certificate, please choose the "Continue to this website (not recommended)" option. Allow Cisco Secure Desktop to complete the system validation. Upon completion you will be redirected to the WebVPN login screen.
- Login into WebVPN using your NCCU Username/Password.
- If you receive this countdown prompt, you are logging into WebVPN with full access. If you do not see the countdown prompt or if you select "Cancel" then you will access WebVPN with standard access.
*Note: WebVPN Full Access will allow a user to utilize remote desktop software for their on-campus workstation. This access is available only to employees whose job functionality requires it. If you do not currently have full access to WebVPN and require it, please submit a request to the Eagle Technical Assistance Center. All requests are subject to approval.
- From the Home Screen navigate to any of the links listed.
*Note: If additional authentication is required, please use your NCCU Username/Password.
- If you would like to start the AnyConnect client to gain access to other systems, applications, or files directly from your system, select the "AnyConnect" button of the left side of your screen. Within the middle panel of the screen click the "Start AnyConnect" link. It will launch the application and install it on your system.
- Upon completion of the Cisco AnyConnect installation, the application screen will appear. You are now logged into WebVPN with full access.
For further questions on setting up and using Web VPN, contact University IT at 919.530.7676.